Featured Slider

Thursday, March 29, 2018

4CC #396 - ATG/Crazy Egg

Good Morning, Thursday!

It's time for a new challenge at 
4 Crafty Chicks!
And this week, it's not just a regular challenge, 
it's the Crazy Egg Challenge!

AND
Our resident Guest Designer, 
Tangii is the host!
<Applause>



I've been watching a lot of Jennifer McGuire's tutorial videos and she recently did one on rainbow cards.  So I decided to play around with rainbow colors as well as with alcohol inks.  I started by using Yupo paper and swiping alcohol ink in the various rainbow colors, starting with purple at the bottom and working my way up the paper to pink at the top.  Next, I die cut the NYC skyline out of it.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do actually, but after I cut the die and saw the negative part that was left, I decided it would look just as cool as a card as well.  So, I made two cards.  

On the first one with the positive NYC die,  I used sentiments from an old SSS club stamp set.  The "color" sentiment I colored with Copics in rainbow then used my Glossy Accents on top to give it some shine and texture.  I adhered the NYC die then adhered the whole thing to a black cardbase and finished it with some clear sequins.

The 2nd card, I used the negative from the NYC die.  I reinked the rainbow a bit to make the colors blend more and not have fine lines.  I also didn't want to cover much of it, so I cut a speech bubble out of black cardstock, stamped the sentiment, from Paper Smooches in Versamark and embossed it in white.  

I did have to create part of another rainbow to add some color to the bottom negative space, so I used purple, blue and green alcohol inks then cut out the "hello" die from it and also from some black craft foam to bump it up for interest.

Stop by the Hen House and check out all the rest of the Chicks' projects and visit their blogs and leave them comments.  Designers love comments too!  Then, ink up, die cut or color and share your new creations with us.  It's always ATG but this week is the special Crazy Egg too!

For Following Challenges:


Crafty Chick Blessings!

5 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....two simply incredible cards! Love your beautiful rainbow.

Bonnie said...

Love these vibrant rainbow colors, Nance! Awesome with the black and bright and happy on the white!

Lori Turner said...

Oh wow, these are gorgeous rainbow cards, Nance! They are so bright and vibrant...Have a wonderful Easter friend xoxoox

Christine Alexander said...

Nance, amazing rainbow, love the bright vibrant colours so cheery :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a stunning effect on both cards...love them x