Featured Slider

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pouring Love

This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it! 



Good Morning!  Happy Sunday!  


Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Get ready because...

Today is Cupcake Day- #247!




This week's challenge is a theme:

LOVE!

Here is the photo inspiration also:



 Our sponsor this week is

A Day For Daisies--



PRIZE: $12 Gift Certificate (3 Digital images)


Below is my take on this week's challenge:


SPIES:
STAMPS: Digital Image -Angel Love (A Day for Daisies); Digital Sentiment (Squigglefly).
PAPER: White and Cotton Candy cardstock; DP -- cloud paper -"I {Heart} Summer" (Simple Stories); Pink flower DP - "With Love" (Recollections).
INK: Copics; Sharpie fine marker for faux stitching.
EXTRAS: Photo frame die (Taylored Expressions); Flocking; Liquid Pearls; White heart doily; Pink satin ribbon; Fuzzy pink yarn; Enamel dots; 



I thought this angel digi, called Angel Love, was just adorable.  I colored her with Copics, added a little Liquid Pearls to her wings and paper pieced her dress, then fussy cut her so I could pop her out a bit.  The hearts are part of the digital image also, and I printed out several copies of the hearts to cascade them down.  The challenge this week at Twisted Tuesday is to not only show sky on your project but also to feature something that flies.  So, what is more suited for Valentine's week but an angel!  

I thought I would use the sky paper inside the photo frame for a kind of spotlight/popped feel.  I did use flocking on a couple of the clouds just to soften things up a bit --- the cloud on the bottom and a cloud in the photo frame.  And I thought it would be interesting to cut up the sentiment to cascade down also.

The finishing touches were adding faux stitching, a heart doily behind the photo frame, a pink satin ribbon and pink fussy yarn bow and some enamel dots.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:






Now it's your turn!  Make a project to go along with our LOVE theme then link it to Cupcake Inspirations for a chance to be Top Sweetie and winner of a $12 gift certificate from A Day For Daisies.  And don't forget to check out the projects of the rest of the Design Team and leave them some blog luv!


Angel Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sweet card!! What a cute fairy and I love the heart doily!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

This is just adorable! I love the flocking on the clouds, what a cool idea :)

Lizzie R said...

What an adorable card! I love the sentiment and that image is so sweet! Great design! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!