Featured Slider

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cheers!




Happy Thursday!  

A fun card today --- my oldest (Patrick) son's birthday card. His 22nd birthday was yesterday. It's still hard not being able to celebrate in person with him, but thank goodness for Facebook, FaceTime or Skype, and texting!  Had a nice conversation with him and sent him birthday wishes too.  I do sometimes still miss that little tike he was even though I am so proud of the young adult man he has become!  Ah, the angst of parenthood!  



SPIES:
STAMPS: Birdbrain Brew Digital Stamp (From The Heart Stamps);
PAPER: Brown, teal and white cardstock; DP - Happy Campers (We R Memory Keepers).
INK: Copics and Blick pens.
EXTRAS: Arrow dies (Taylored Expressions); Rub on letters for sentiment; Enamel dots; teal ribbon.

The image I used on the card is from From The Heart Digital Art Stamps.  I just love those cute Birdbrain images that Faith Skrdla creates!  They are just so adorable!  The Hubs actually helped me choose which digi to get for our son's card and he picked a good one!

This is one of my biggest coloring projects in a while and I hope I did the image justice.  

I chose the color scheme from the challenge at JUGS this week and the sketch from Repeat Impressions.  





Birthday Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

3 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Cute birthday card! Bet he loved it! Great take on the challenge photo! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

I can so relate to your comment about your son...Mine is 21 and I would be lost without technology...I miss him everyday! I am sure he loved your card it's adorable...thanks for playing along with us over at Just Us Girls....I sure hope to see more of your fabulous work!

Lisa Kind said...

What a fun card! Love it, and I'm sure your son did as well! Great coloring too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!